Equipment for cars abroad.

Find out what you should have in your car outside of Switzerland

Breakdowns abroad are often time-consuming. You save a lot of money by opting for a car subscription. We have a few tips for you so that you don't have to use this money for unnecessary fines. After all, different countries - different rules. The same rules as in Switzerland do not apply everywhere. This also applies to roads and motorways. You can find out here what you need to be aware of when you drive abroad.


There are many things you should know before you leave. For example, the maximum speed limit abroad is often different from that in Switzerland. It is therefore advisable to inform yourself in advance. In addition, the maximum speed limit for young drivers can also vary.

Since something can always happen on the road, it is worth knowing the SOS number of your insurer. For Carvolution customers, the insurer Mobiliar can be reached at +41 62 919 11 11. Thanks to the 24h CarAssistance, Mobiliar is always reachable and will support you in case of an emergency.


Since theft is more common in some European cities than in Switzerland, it is prudent to keep a copy of the driver's license and ID separate from the original in the car. Although the international insurance card ("green card") is no longer compulsory in EU countries, it can still be useful as everyone knows it. You can order it free of charge from your insurance company.


Before every trip abroad we recommend that you check your equipment in the car. This way, you will be able to travel abroad carefree and well equipped in case of an accident.

Below you will find an overview of the things that are mandatory in our neighbouring countries:

Mandatory in all our neighbouring countries

  • CH adhesive
  • Breakdown triangle
  • European accident protocol


  • Particulate matter sticker for some city centres (available from TCS directly at customs)


  • Safety vest
  • Reserve bulbs


  • Safety vest
  • Environmental passport for "zone a traffico limitato" in numerous Italian cities
  • International insurance card ("green card" may be required in Italy)


  • Safety vest
  • First aid equipment

Useful for every country:

  • Safety vest for every passenger
  • Spare tyre or tyre repair kit
  • Emergency pharmacy
  • Jumper cables
  • Sunglasses

The mobility service is already inclusive

A large part of this equipment is already included in today's new cars. Also at Carvolution, every car is equipped with the CH sticker, emergency triangle, safety vest and European accident protocol. In addition, you benefit with Carvolution from the 24 hour CarAssistance of the Mobiliar. It is available around the clock and in every country. It is also there for you in the event of a claim and helps you so that you can drive on quickly. Furthermore, in the event of a breakdown or accident, they will cover a large part of your costs.

Peugeot & Volvo Sale

Discover various Volvo models and the bestseller Ford Puma with attractive discounts or benefit from the affordable Peugeot 208 GT with or without a down payment.

EN Sale 04 LP Banner Desk V4
In partnership with